Essential Nutrients for Maintenance Supplementation
The following nutrients are essential for good health and can sometimes be hard to get into your diet. This list describes basic supplementation guidelines that work well for most people. Please check with your healthcare provider to ensure these recommendations are appropriate for your individual needs.
• 10,000 IU per day
• Do not supplement if eating liver regularly
• The ideal blood level is between 40–60ng/ml. Individuals with serum levels in this range have the lowest all-cause mortality.
• Regular sun exposure increases blood levels, but supplementation is often necessary
• 4,000 IU per day is optimal for most people
• 300–500 mg per day of magnesium glycinate
• 20 mg per day
• The dose depends on the version of the supplement
• MK4: 1,000 mcg (1 mg) per day
• MK7: 100–200 mcg per day
• Supplementation is not required if dietary intake is adequate
• 500–1,000 mg per day may be helpful for optimal immune function
• 1,000 mg per day of combined EPA and DHA
GoalsRx | Delivered to You